If you’ve been following along with the master outline, you know that my creative process isn’t linear. I’ve created the master outline by deconstructing bestselling novels one element at a time– but not necessarily in chronological order!
A few months ago, I started working on a new kind of novel writing software– the kind that would let me write scene-by-scene, connect and reorganize ideas, in a more intuitive way. It’s a browser-based web app, which means there is nothing download and your work is stored in the cloud.
I’m so happy to introduce the Better Novel App! Please give it a try and let me know what you think– your feedback can help us create the ideal writing app.
- Brainstorm: Let your imagination run wild by dragging scenes, chapters, and parts into the workspace to capture all your ideas.
- Organize: Connect your scenes and group them with chapters and parts — it’s easy to swap scenes around and rearrange your structure
- Take notes: View chapter contents and add notes for the chapter or for individual scenes. Rearrange the order of scenes in here, too.
- Develop: Any ideas you jot down here will also be visible in the sidebar of the text editor, but they won’t be jumbled up with your actual manuscript.
- Each scene is labeled with the heading you created in the workspace.
- Easily reference your scenes notes and chapter notes as your write.
- Quickly toggle back to the workspace to access your visual outline and work on a new scene.
- Your notes, research and unused scenes are hidden from view.
- Use the table of contents to review different parts of your story
- Generate a custom view-only link to share your work. More sharing and exporting options are coming soon!
A stroke of brilliance can happen anywhere.
Coming soon! The mobile version of Better Novel App will capture your inspiration– just snap a picture, and it will show up as a custom icon in the workspace. When you are ready to write, your eureka-moment will be waiting for you in the app.
Become an early adopter.