Better Novel Project is not just any writing site– it’s all about the research! Interested in sharing your ideas and analysis?
We welcome guest articles that further the mission of the project!
I am especially interested in sharing articles that:
- Examine elements of the Hero’s Journey in one popular work (book/film/graphic novel in any genre)
- Explain how several popular works of any genre share a common trait (like the wise one character archetype, or the hide-n-seek scene)
- Show how you use an element from a previous Better Novel Project post in an original writing sample (please choose an element already listed in the master outline)
- Provide inspiration and instructions on the writing process, creativity, or publishing (must include specific examples or analysis of another work)
- Offer genre-specific insights and commentary, especially the genres of YA, NA, fantasy, mystery, and science fiction (must include specific examples or analysis of another work)
Final Article Requirements
- 800-1200 words
- a great headline (catchy, descriptive, and accurate)
- a 1-2 sentence introduction to the post
- numbered subheadings to break out your main points
- specific examples / analysis of another work to back up your advice or points
- when helpful, use links to related Better Novel Project posts, your own blog, or other resources (but no affiliate links)
- a 2-3 sentence conclusion that sums up “why it works”
- a short bio as you would like it to appear, including links to your website and twitter handle (or social media of choice). You will also need a gravatar.com account if you want your avatar to appear with your bio.
- the post must be exclusive to Better Novel Project (as in not posted anywhere else)
The most common reason that I don’t accept a guest post submission is because it does not include specific examples or analysis of another work of fiction.
Use the form below to submit an outline of your article.
If your article is already complete, you may paste it into the additional comments section.
I will let you know if your article has been accepted, usually within one week. Thank you for your interest!